TEDxFukuokaLive is a live webcast event of the TED2016 Conference.
TED official TEDxFukuokaLive page https://www.ted.com/tedx/events/18177
Date: February 17th, Wednesday
Time: 6:40PM-9:00PM (Open:6:20PM)
*No audio recording, video recording, or photography is allowed.
*Please note that everything will be photographed, video recorded during the event.
Place: Fusic (6F Tenjin, 4-1-7, Tenjin, Chuo-Ku Fukuoka City, Fukuoka)
Space: Availability limited (40 people)
Presenters, Session 2: Radical repatterning
- Adam Savage – the host of “MythBusters” on the Discovery Channel, is a longtime special-effects artist and a minor obsessive.
- Cédric Villani tackles perplexing problems in mathematical physics, analysis and geometry with rigor, wit and a signature personal style.
- Haley Van Dyck is recruiting world-class technology talent into the US Federal Government to transform the way America delivers critical services for everyday people.
- So Percussion – With pieces ranging from hypnotic to cacophonic, So Percussion is building a new canon of modern avant-garde percussion music.
- Joe Gebbia – As a designer, entrepreneur, and the co-founder and Chief Product Officer of Airbnb, Joe helped redesign the way the world travels and people connect.
- Travis Kalanick – As Uber’s founder and CEO, Travis Kalanick is not only disrupting an entrenched industry but also reinventing urban transportation as we know it.
TEDxFukuoka launched in 2012 in order to create a space for people in Fukuoka and the Kyushu area to exchange worthy ideas. TEDxFukuoka initiative focuses on spreading captivating, worthwhile ideas from Fukuoka to the world, in addition to taking exemplary ideas from around the world and spreading them around Fukuoka. TEDxFukuoka also aims to contribute to strengthening Fukuoka’s cultural atmosphere by creating a united environment amongst the speakers, volunteer staff members, and participants.